[R] Data and Variables from Tables

Shawn Way SWay at meco.com
Tue Mar 21 21:32:27 CET 2017

I have an org-mode table with the following structure that I am pulling into an R data.frame, using the sfsmisc package and using xtable to print in org-mode

| Symbol | Value | Units               |
|----------+-------+-------------------|
| A             |         1 | kg/hr                    |
| \beta    |         2 | \frac{m^3}{hr} |
| G            |     .25 | in                           |

This all works well and looks great.

What I am trying to do is use this to generate variables for programming as well.  For example, when processed I would have the following variables:

A <- 1
beta <- 2
G <- .25

Has anyone done something like this or can someone point me in the right direction to do this?

Shawn Way