[R] Transposing forecasts results from nnetar function and turn them into a data frame

Paul Bernal paulbernal07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:34:01 CET 2017

Dear friends,

I am currently using R version 3.3.3 (64-bit) and used the following code
to generate forecasts:

> library(forecast)
>
> library(tseries)

    ‘tseries’ version: 0.10-35

    ‘tseries’ is a package for time series analysis and computational
finance.

    See ‘library(help="tseries")’ for details.

> DAT<-read.csv("TrainingData.csv")
>
> TSdata<-ts(DAT[,1], start=c(1994,10), frequency=12)
>
> TSmodel<-nnetar(TSdata)
>
> TSmodelForecast<-forecast(TSmodel, h=24)
>
> TSmodelForecast

The problem is that the output comes in this fashion:

                Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun     Jul    Aug
Sep   Oct
 2017        10      20      15      40     9         8         21     21
    19     18
 2018        34      15       7        6      10      11

The format I would like to have is the following:

Date                 Forecast
Jan-2017               10
Feb-2017               20
Mar-2017               15
Apr-2017                40
May-2017               9
Jun-2017                8
Jul-2017                 21
Aug-2017               21
Sep-2017               19
etc                          etc

Is there a way to make the results look like this?

Attached is a dataset as a reference.

Best regards,

Paul