[R] Crete stats course

Highland Statistics Ltd highstat at highstat.com
Wed Mar 15 19:14:13 CET 2017

> Well since you mention it the mailing list page says
>
> The ‘main’ R mailing list, for discussion about problems and solutions
> using R, announcements (not covered by ‘R-announce’ or ‘R-packages’,
> see above), about the availability of new functionality for R and
> documentation of R, comparison and compatibility with S-plus, and for
> the posting of nice examples and benchmarks.
>
> Which suggests to me that announcements of courses are not covered by
> the terms and conditions.

I see a comma after the word 'announcement'.  So..please clarify how an
'announcement of courses' does not fall under 'announcement'.

The text describing the use of the mailing list wasn't written with "the
expression of one thing is the exclusion of the other " in mind. There
is a Latin expression for that.

For example, the word 'primarily" in the sentence  "The R mailing lists
are primarily intended for questions and discussion about the R
software."  doesn't mean that it cannot me used for a course
announcement. Would it have said "exclusively" then it is a different
story.

Expressio Unius Est Exclusio Alterius ......

Anyway.......let's not waste more time on this.

Alain

Email: highstat at highstat.com