[R] Quantiles with ordered categories

matthias-gondan at gmx.de matthias-gondan at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 21:54:42 CET 2017

I found it:

quantile(ordered(1:10), probs=0.5, type=1)

works, because type=1 seems to round up or down, whatever. The default option for is 7, which wants to interpolate, and then produces the error.

Two options come to my mind:

- The error message could be improved.
- The default type could be 1 if the data is from ordered categories.
- Or both.

It is probably a little thing to fix, but I lack the skills to do this myself.

Best wishes,

Matthias