[R] Problem with greek characters in R

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Mar 9 17:48:47 CET 2017

The standard response is that RStudio is not R, and has its own forum or discussion areas on stackexchange.com. R has its own mechanisms for dealing with alternate character sets, so be clear when the problem is in the processing of such code by R versus the display of input or output files associated with your use of R. Using R or RGui (that are on topic here) can help you discern where the "problem" is.

That said, Googling "RStudio character encoding" might lead to help with your immediate concern.