[R] Alternative to ggplot2 for R version 2.15.3

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 18:15:58 CET 2017

On 07/03/2017 6:12 AM, surendra jain wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>   I have an old Macbook and I have installed R version 2.15.3. But
> ggplot2 is not available for this version of R. Can someone suggest me
> an alternative to ggplot2 (for plotting using R) for Mac version
> 10.5.8.

You will automatically have base graphics and lattice graphics
installed, so you could use those.  They are very different from ggplot2
(and from each other) so it won't be painless.

Or you could install an old version of ggplot2: R 2.15.3 came out in
March 2013, so presumably some version of ggplot2 like 0.9.3.1 (which
also came out that month) would work with it.

But the easiest thing might be to install a newer R version.  You'll
find very little support for 2.15.3 nowadays.

Duncan Murdoch