[R] FOR TAKING PERCENTAGES of OTUS in each column (n=2910 COLUMNs)

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:24:09 CET 2017

Hi Thilini,
It is fairly simple in R once you have imported the data. Say you have
a data frame obtained by exporting the Excel table to CSV and then
importing it with "read.csv". I'm not sure whether you have a number
in each cell or just a 0/1 absent/present value, but it may not
matter. Assume the data frame is named "tjdf"

for(column in 1:dim(tjdf)[2])
 tjdf[,paste("pct",column,sep="")]<-100*tjdf[,column]/sum(tjdf[,column])

Alternatively, you could create a new data frame with just the percentages.

Jim