[R] R code helps needed!

SH emptican at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 13:54:50 CET 2017

Hi

Although I posted this in stackoverflow yesterday, I am asking here to get
helps as soon as quickly.

I need help make code for mocking sampling environment. Here is my code
below:

First, I generated mock units with 1000 groups of 100 units. Each row is
considered as independent sample space.

unit <- 100 # Total units
bad.unit.rate <- .05 # Proportion of bad units
bad.unit.num <- ceiling(unit*bad.unit.rate) # Bad units
n.sim=1000
unit.group <- matrix(0, nrow=n.sim, ncol=unit)for(i in 1:n.sim){
    unit.group[i, ] <- sample(rep(0:1, c(unit-bad.unit.num, bad.unit.num)))}
dim(unit.group)

It gives 1000 by 100 groups

ss <- 44 # Selected sample size

44 out of 100 units will be selected and decision (pass or reject) will be
made based on sampling.

This below is decision code:

intercept <- rep(0, nrow(unit.group))
decision <- rep(0, nrow(unit.group))
set.seed(2017)for(i in 1:nrow(unit.group)){
    selected.unit <- sample(1:unit, ss)
    intercept[i] <- sum(unit.group[i,][selected.unit])
    decision[i] <- ifelse(intercept[i]==0, 'pass', 'reject')
    result <- cbind(intercept, decision)
    result}
dim(result)
head(result, 30)

> head(result, 30)
      intercept decision
 [1,] "1"       "reject"
 [2,] "2"       "reject"
 [3,] "3"       "reject"
 [4,] "0"       "pass"
 [5,] "3"       "reject"
 [6,] "2"       "reject"
 [7,] "3"       "reject"
 [8,] "5"       "reject"
 [9,] "3"       "reject"
[10,] "1"       "reject"
[11,] "1"       "reject"
[12,] "2"       "reject"
[13,] "2"       "reject"
[14,] "0"       "pass"
[15,] "3"       "reject"
[16,] "3"       "reject"
[17,] "2"       "reject"
[18,] "2"       "reject"
[19,] "1"       "reject"
[20,] "1"       "reject"
[21,] "2"       "reject"
[22,] "2"       "reject"

I was able to make a decision for each 1000 rows based on sampling as above.

Now, I want to make code for "second" decision option as follows. Assuming
the row number is in order of time or sequence, if 'intercept' value is 0
or 'decision' is 'pass' in the row 4 above, I want to skip any decision
next following 5 (or else) and to label as 'skip', not 'reject'. In the
example above, rows from 5 to 9 will be 'skip' than 'reject'. Also, rows
from 15 to 19 should be 'skip' instead of 'reject'. Although I tried to
make preliminary code with my post, I have no idea where to start. Could
anyone help me to make code? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Steve