[R] where is .emacs file?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Mar 1 18:11:40 CET 2017

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 4:28 AM, Ulrik Stervbo <ulrik.stervbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Files starting with dots are hidden files on Mac. The emacs configuration
> file .emacs should be in your home directory. You can list all files - also
> the hidden ones - by `ls -a` in your console. I don't use Mac so I can't
> tell you how to show hidden files in Finder.

At an open Terminal console type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

The second line restarts your Finder.app so that the new settings can take effect. You will then have the responsibility of not deleting any of the system files which are now exposed, but this is how I run my machine.

--
David.