[R] Predict

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:37:42 CEST 2017

There are a bunch of things wrong here, although without a
reproducible example I can't really fix most of them.

- You're overwriting SH within the loop.
- You're running the regression 2641 times, even though the result
never changes.
- You're never predicting from your linear model using the other data
not in the regression.
- Leaf biomass data is never used for anything. I would have thought
that you would use leaf biomass as the predictor variable, not Date.
- I'm not sure why you want the cumulative sum of stand height; that
doesn't make sense to me.

I'm guessing you want:

height.model <- lm(height ~ leafbiomass, data = Stand_Height)
pred.height <- predict(height.model, leafbiom)

# not sure about the reasoning behind this
SH <- cumsum(pred.height)

You don't need a loop. Overwriting SH is the biggest R problem; the
rest of my questions have to do with what your objective actually is,
like what you are modeling and what you are doing with the
predictions. But my sample code might be enough to get you headed in
the right direction regardless.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee