[R] about reading files in order

lily li chocold12 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 21:04:47 CEST 2017

Hi R users,
I have a question about opening the txt files and putting them into a
matrix. The txt files are in the folder01, while they have the name
file.1.txt, file.2.txt, file.3.txt, etc. There are about 200 such text
files. Each txt file contains one value inside. When I tried to use the
code below, I found that the txt files are not in order, from 1, 2, 3, to
200. Rather, they are in the order 1, 10, 100, 101, etc. How to change it
so that they are in order? Thanks for your help.

temp <- list.files('folder01',pattern="*.txt"
name.list <-lapply(paste('folder01',temp,sep='/'),read.table,head=F)
library(data.table)
files.matrix <-rbindlist(name.list)

Also, when use the code below, how to complete it so that the values of the
files are stored in a matrix?
lists = list.files('folder01')
for (i in 1:length(lists)){
  file <- read.table(paste('folder01',lists[i],sep='/'),head=F)
  print(file)
}