[R] R package for scorecard development

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Thu Jun 29 15:00:07 CEST 2017

Hi

I'm sure there are valid reasons for wanting to use a scorecard model,
but a more straightforward approach would just be a logistic regression
or logistic discriminant analysis.

Compared to that, a scorecard model can be considered to be throwing
away information by binning the predictors.  It is similar to what scale
developers often do by simply summing up item (0/1) scores on the
assumption that they all should be equally weighted, rather than using
something like factor or component weights.

Just a thought.  If you do come up with a scorecard model, it would at
least be useful to compare it with a logistic model.

-Michael