[R] Finding optim.R function

ProfJCNash profjcnash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 10:29:39 CEST 2017

The codes were taken from the 2nd edition of my book Compact Numerical
Methods for Computers, where they are in Pascal. They were converted by
p2c to c, so are pretty opaque and likely difficult to modify. Moreover,
they are based on 1970s codes I wrote for the first edition. Why not
look at optimr (CRAN) or the more extensive optimrx (R-forge) where
there are calls to pure R versions with improvements in the codes as
well as bounds constraints on parameters for some. If you have
suggestions or queries about the newer codes, contact me off-list and
we'll see what can be done.

JN (who will be at UseR! next week)