[R] help needed for RInside with Qt

Santosh Kumar lsantoshksingh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:36:24 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am developing an application using Qt framework and C++. I want to use R
as statistics engine of my application. After doing some search on
internet; I came to the conclusion that RCPP, MPI with RInside is what I
need. The next logical task was to quickly tryout "qtdensity" project of
RInside, for understanding the build and other settings. I hit some
roadblock here and got little confused. I have following quaries:

1. I am using Qt  5.8 MSVC and would like to distribute both 64 bit as well
as 32 bit application.
2. Can I use binary distribution provided on CRAN with this version of Qt?
3. If not then; do I need to build R myself with MinGW and Qt too with the
same version of MinGW?
4. regarding make file modifications how should I set R_HOME env. variable?
Currently my R is installed in "C:\Program Files\R\R-3.4.0" If I set env
variable R_HOME = "C:\Program Files\R\R-3.4.0"....I get QMake error: The
system cannot find the path specified.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Santosh