[R] Nash equilibrium and other game theory tools implemented in networks using igraph or similar

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Wed Jun 28 19:42:29 CEST 2017

On 2017-06-28 11:36 AM, Suzen, Mehmet wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> I was implying you are capable enough to implement it, while you have
> already identify a research paper. If there is no package out there,
> uploading to CRAN would help future user too. I am more than happy to
> help if you want to implement from scratch.

       sos::findFn("nash equilibrium") identified 4 packages: antitrust,
GNE, GPGame, and nopp.  I found GNE mentioned earlier in this thread but
not the other three.  Similar searches for "nash equilibrium networ" and
"nash equilibrium networks" returned no matches.

       By the way, one of the sessions at useR!2017 in Brussels next
week will discuss "Navigating the R package universe".  This will
provide a brief overview of tools currently available, followed by a
general discussion of what people would want in tools to make it easier
to find and use what you want in contributed packages, now well over
10,000.  The planned discussion will briefly cover the "sos" package,
"RDocumentation.org", METACRAN (www.r-pkg.org), "Task views", and other
tools.

       We're hoping that this session will facilitate the development of
one or more teams to collaborate on the following:

             * Creating common interfaces for different approaches to
essentially the same problem, like "optimx".

             * Improving "Task views".

             * Improving search capabilities.

       If you can make it to useR!2017, we hope to see you in this
session, Wed. July 5, from 17:00 - 18:30 in the main meeting room. If
you might like to help with this but can't make Brussels, please stay
tuned for further announcements or contact me after the conference for
further information.

       Spencer Graves

p.s.  Please excuse if I highjacked this thread to promote this session,
but I didn't see any mention of the sos package or RDocumentation.org,
so it seemed appropriate.