[R] vertical semi-circles in R

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sun Jun 25 20:45:33 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm not the greatest graphics programmer but is this it?

#install.packages("shape")

library(shape)  # for function plotcircle

plot(0,0,col="white")
segments(0,0,0.3,0.3)
segments(0.3,0.4,0.3,0.3)
segments(0.3,0.4,0,0.7)
segments(0,0.7,0,0.6)
segments(0,0.0,0,0.1)

plotcircle(r = 0.25, mid = c(0,0.35), from = pi/2, to = -pi/2)

Note: you say you've tried every online help with no success. I had
never used package shape, at an R prompt I typed

 > ?circle
No documentation for ‘circle’ in specified packages and libraries:
you could try ‘??circle’

so I tried ??circle and found the package. The rest took me less than 10
minutes. (Less than 5?)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas