[R] 3D plot with coordinates

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:27:23 CEST 2017

On 22/06/2017 3:15 AM, Alaios wrote:
> Thanks. So after searching 4 hours last night it looks like that there
> is no R package that can do this right now. Any other ideas or
> suggestions might be helpful.

I don't know what you want the display to look like, but if you want it
to be rotatable, rgl is probably the right package to use.

It doesn't directly support the coordinate system you're using, so you
need to figure out where you want your points (or line segments) plotted
in Euclidean coordinates, and write your own function to plot those.
For example, to plot (r, theta) in polar coordinates in the XY plane,
use (x = r*cos(theta), y = r*sin(theta), z = 0).

Duncan Murdoch