[R] Hunting a histogram variant

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Thu Jun 22 06:01:37 CEST 2017

I'm looking for a histogram variant in which data points are plotted as labelled rectangles 'piled up' to form a histogram. I've posted an example at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozi8bhdn5kqaufm/labelled_histogram.png?dl=0

It seems to have a long pedigree, as I see it (as in this example) in documents going back beyond the '80s. But I've not seen it in recent textbooks. So it may be one of those older graphical displays that's just fallen out of use. 

General questions:
i) Does this thing have a name?
ii) Can anyone point me to a literature source for it? 

... and the R question:
ii) Is it already hiding somewhere in an R package?*

S Ellison

*If it's not, I'll be adding it to one, hence the hunt for due credit/sources

This email and any attachments are confidential. Any use...{{dropped:8}}

More information about the R-help mailing list