[R] R and Tableau Compatibility

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 16:43:25 CEST 2017

> On Jun 21, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Dai, Shengyu [HCSUS] <SDai9 at its.jnj.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning R helpers,
>
> I hope this email finds you well.
>
> Recently, I am thinking of using R with connection to Tableau. I search information online but I did not see any official documentations about these compatibilities. I have Tableau version 10.1 and I wonder which versionS of R is compatible to this Tableau version.

Not sure what you are expecting. When I go to the Tableau website and search their "Support" links I almost immediately find:

https://www.tableau.com/search#q=r&t=support

Following a link with the word "configuring" I see:

http://kb.tableau.com/articles/HowTo/configuring-tableau-server-for-r-and-rserve

.... which says to use the current version of R. Since you are using a closed-source, commercial product., you really should be asking this question on their support portal.