[R] error for using igraph library: 'edges' must be numeric or character

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 16:21:03 CEST 2017

They are probably factors in a data frame. Use str() on your data (a
data frame?) to find out.

If you have not already done so, please spend some time with an R
tutorial or two to learn about factors and, in particular how
read.csv(), read.table(), etc. will cause this to happen, how you can
prevent it, and how to use ?as.character to convert from factor to
character.

A search (e.g. at rseek.org) on something like "R factor or character"
will also probably bring up relevant info.

Cheers,
Bert

Cheers,
Bert