[R] "reverse" quantile function

Andras Farkas motyocska at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 14:24:33 CEST 2017

Never mind, I think i figured:

z<-df

apply(df,1,function(x) approx(sort(x[1:4]), seq(0,1,,length(x[1:4])), x[5])$y)
thanks again for the help

Andras Farkas,

On Friday, June 16, 2017 5:34 AM, Andras Farkas via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:

Peter,

thanks, very nice, this will work for me... could you also help with setting up the code to run the on liner "approx(sort(x), seq(0,1,,length(x)), q)$y" on the rows of a data frame using my example above? So if I cbind z and res,

df<-cbind(z,res)

the "x" in your one liner would be the first 4 column values of each row and "q" is the last (5fth) column value of each row..

thanks again for all the help,

Andras Farkas