[R] is.null(mylist[1]) and is.null(mylist$a) returns different values

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Jun 15 18:19:47 CEST 2017

By the way, NULL is not a "null list", it has class (and type and mode)
"NULL" not "list".   "NULL" is an odd class, in that it can have only one
instance and hence can never have any attributes.  "list" objects, like
other vector objects, may have length zero, but such objects are not the
same as NULL.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com