[R] rmarkdown and font size

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Thu Jun 8 18:16:04 CEST 2017

You can change the style, modifying a variety of things.  E.g,

---
title: Test
---

body{ /* Normal  */
      font-size: 12px;
  }
td {  /* Table  */
  font-size: 8px;
}
h1.title {
  font-size: 38px;
  color: DarkRed;
}
h1 { /* Header 1 */
  font-size: 28px;
  color: DarkBlue;
}
h2 { /* Header 2 */
    font-size: 22px;
  color: DarkBlue;
}
h3 { /* Header 3 */
  font-size: 18px;
  font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
  color: DarkBlue;
}
code.r{ /* Code block */
    font-size: 12px;
}
pre { /* Code block - determines code spacing between lines */
    font-size: 14px;
}

Here is some normal text.  It is a 12-point font.  The table is in 8-point .

```{r example, echo=FALSE, results='asis'}
tmp <- data.frame(a=1:5, b=letters[1:5])
print( knitr::kable(tmp, row.names=FALSE))
```

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration