[R] Force argument to have quotes

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Jun 6 21:38:45 CEST 2017

Bert has suggested there are better ways to do what you want.  But if you want to continue down the path you have started and you want to decide whether to quote based on the variable Class, something like this might work for you

myOptions <- with(myFunction1Vals, paste(Argument, ifelse(Class=='character',shQuote(Value), Value), sep = '=', collapse = ","))

Hope this helps,

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration