[R] STL - time series seasonal decomposition sensitive to data points?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Jul 19 21:03:30 CEST 2017

I think this looks like a question about statistics. I suggest you review the documentation for the functions you are using and study the references to better understand the algorithms you are using. If you think the algorithms are not behaving according to theory and the packages are part of the base R software distribution, then you should come back here with a reproducible example. [1][2][3]

If you think the algorithms are misbehaving and packages you are using are contributed then you should probably correspond with the package maintainer.

But most likely you just need to ask your statistics question in a statistics forum rather this R language forum.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)