[R] Error with "compiler" and "caret" packages

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 02:56:20 CET 2017

Dan:

Strictly speaking library() does not just "load" it -- it "attaches"
it and loads compiler's namespace. I would have presumed that if
needed, the compiler paclage  would have been loaded as part of
caret's Namespace import directives, but perhaps that's wrong and the
source of the difficulties.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter