[R] non-parametric manova with post-hoc test

Cade, Brian cadeb at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 18 18:20:05 CET 2017

You could try a multi-response permutation procedure (MRPP) for
multivariate hypothesis testing (null is groups come from a common
distribution) without resorting to ranks.  There are no automated multiple
comparison procedures, but one could either look at pairwise contrasts of
group (if that is what you are implying by post-hoc testing) with some sort
of correction procedure for multiple comparisons (e.g., Holm's sequential
procedure).  Or similarly, comparisons with different subsets of the
multivariate outcome variables (again, adjusting for multiple comparisons)
across the grouping structure.  There are several R packages that I think
implement MRPP but the Blossom package might be one of the better
implementations in terms of alternatives provided (including permutation
version of Hotelling's test).

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey