[R] what is f_eval? It has broken the HH package

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Fri Jan 13 06:46:59 CET 2017

I am preparing for the new semester and have downloaded and installed
R-3.3.2 for Macintosh and Windows, and then the HH package and its
dependencies for both.
Everything fresh off CRAN.

All works correctly on the Macintosh.
On the Windows 10 I am getting an error

> library(HH)

Attaching package: 'TH.data'

The following object is masked from 'package:MASS':

    geyser

Error : object 'f_eval' is not exported by 'namespace:lazyeval'
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'HH'

I can't find f_eval

> lazyeval::f_eval
Error: 'f_eval' is not an exported object from 'namespace:lazyeval'
> lazyeval:::f_eval
Error in get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE) :
  object 'f_eval' not found

Just to check I backed up to R-3.3.1 on Windows.  That is now also broken
> library(HH)

Attaching package: 'TH.data'

The following object is masked from 'package:MASS':

    geyser

Error : object 'f_eval' is not exported by 'namespace:lazyeval'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package 'HH' was built under R version 3.3.2
2: package 'gridExtra' was built under R version 3.3.2
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'HH'

I backed up one more time to R-3.2.4revised on Windows
 R version 3.2.4 Revised (2016-03-16 r70336)
Here HH still loads correctly.

I was planning a new release of HH this weekend, but it has now become urgent.
Can someone enlighten me on what f_eval is and how I need to work with it?
Also, why is this Windows only, and not also a Macintosh problem?

Thanks
Rich