[R] if i paste this into my windows 3.3.2 R console, it crashes

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:34:18 CET 2017

On 07/01/2017 5:51 AM, Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
> I think you have included most of the forbidden characters in Windows
> folder names and while I am too lazy to count the characters, you may
> have exceeded the 259 character limit as well. Are there really
> embedded EOLs as well? This is truly a masterpiece of computer
> disobedience.

I haven't looked closely to see what goes wrong, but the problems you
list should lead to an error message, not a crash.  So yes, Anthony
should report this as a bug.  Anthony, if you don't have a bug reporting
account you won't be able to do so; write to me privately and I'll
create one for you (with your choice of associated email address).

Duncan Murdoch