[R] GGally ggpairs function parameters

Ion Marqués imarques at nemsolutions.com
Mon Jan 2 16:12:00 CET 2017

Hello R community,

I am trying to specify the input data in the upper, diag and/or lower
parameters of the ggpair function (GGally package). The dummy example
below adds two parameters to ggally_points, a data subsample and an
alpha value. However, the results show that the alpha is taken into
account but all the data is plotted, not just the three random points.

  library(GGally)
  library(dplyr)
  myData <- data.frame(x = c(1,2,3,4,5,6), y = c(7,8,9,9,8,7), z =
c("a","a","a","b","b","b"))
  ggpairs(myData, aes(colour = z), columns = 1:2,
          upper = list(continuous = wrap(ggally_cor, size = 10)),
          diag = list(continuous = wrap(ggally_densityDiag, alpha = 0.6)),
          lower = list(continuous = wrap(ggally_points, data =
sample_n(myData, 3), alpha = 0.6)))

I have tried passing the data parameter as a list with wrapp, defining
the modified ggally_points outside, but the result is the same. I have
also unsuccessfully tried to modify the mapping = aes(...) parameter.
What am I missing here?

Thank you!

Ion Marqués