[R] Facebook package error - Can't get reactions

Vivek kumar Singh vivek4 at mail.usf.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:50:51 CET 2017

Hi All,

I am using facebook package in R. Following is my code.

install.packages('Rfacebook',dependencies = T)

library('Rfacebook')

#create a favebook app and add http://localhost:1410/ to your app

fb_oauth <- fbOAuth(app_id="***",

                    app_secret="*****")

fb_page <- getPage(page="subway", token=fb_oauth,n=50,feed = T,reactions =
T)

I get an error when I try to get reactions (i.e., reactions=T). When I
remove the 'reactions' argument, it works.

fb_page <- getPage(page="subway", token=fb_oauth,n=50,feed = T)  works.

Please let me know why am I getting error with reactions? Also, suggest if
there are alternate packages for Facebook in R.

Regards,

Vivek