[R] [FORGED] function for remove white space

William Michels wjm1 at caa.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 22 03:39:02 CET 2017

Hi José (and Rolf),

It's not entirely clear what type of 'whitespace' you're referring to,
but if you're using read.table() or read.csv() to create your
dataframe in the first place, setting 'strip.white = TRUE' will remove
leading and trailing whitespace 'from unquoted character fields
(numeric fields are always stripped).'

> ?read.table
>?read.csv

Cheers,