[R] MS SQL Server R Services review.

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:04:08 CET 2017

I just picked this up over on "Vulture Central"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/16/r_sql_server_great_but_beware/

The author seems both pleased and not pleased. Mainly digging at R's use
(or abuse) of memory being a cause of many failures. And the fact that is
is "slow" (states Python runs 17x faster) due to being interpreted.

Also, to me, it seems weird to run R within the data base server itself,
rather than on a client using RODBC.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown