[R] Help with saving user defined functions

George Trojan - NOAA Federal george.trojan at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 13 02:31:40 CET 2017

I want to split my computation into parts. The first script processes the
data, the second does the graphics. I want to save  results of
time-consuming calculations. My example tried to simulate this by terminate
the session without saving it, so the environment was lost on purpose. What
confuses me that ecdf can be saved and restored, but not my own derived
function.
Of course I can save parameters and redefine the function in the second
script.

Reading Chapter 8 of Advanced R, hopefully the book will clear my mind.