[R] roxygen2 v6.0.0

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:11:08 CET 2017

Marc:

You miss Yihui's point I think: roxygen2 will generate the (Namespace
and other) files for you. See its documentation for how (the
directives to put in your comments).

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Marc Girondot via R-help
<r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
> Le 06/02/2017 à 17:14, Yihui Xie a écrit :
>>
>> If your package source is version controlled (meaning you are free to
>> regret any time), I'd recommend you to delete the three files
>> NAMESPACE, chr.Rd, and essai-package.Rd. Then try to roxygenize again.
>> Basically the warnings you saw indicates that roxygen2 failed to find
>> the line
>>
>> % Generated by roxygen2: do not edit by hand
>>
>> in your NAMESPACE and .Rd files, so it thinks these files were
>> probably not previously generated by roxygen2. I think the cause is
>> package.skeleton(), which generated the Rd files. Seriously, friends
>> don't let friends use package.skeleton()... (it is 2017 now)
>
> Thanks ! It works perfectly after removing the /man/ folder and the
> NAMESPACE file.
> I didn't know that package.skeleton() was out-of-age !
> That's true that it is easy to generate the skeleton manually.
>
> Marc
>>

>> Regards,
>> Yihui
>> --
>> Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>
>> Web: http://yihui.name
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Marc Girondot via R-help
>> <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I used roxygen2 v5.0.1 to document my package, and all was ok. I have
>>> just
>>> updated to roxygen2 v6.0.0 and my script is broken and I can't find why.
>>>
>>> I have done a simple version of a package folder as a test with 3 files:
>>> chr.R, essai-package.R and DESCRIPTION.
>>>
>>> Previously, I did:
>>>
>>> package.skeleton("essai",code_files=c('chr.R',"essai-package.R"))
>>> roxygenize("essai")
>>> system(paste0("R CMD build '", getwd(), "/essai'"))
>>> install.packages(file.path(getwd(), "essai_1.0.tar.gz"), repos = NULL,