[R] use of Encoding()?

Olivier Crouzet olivier.crouzet at univ-nantes.fr
Fri Feb 3 20:51:39 CET 2017

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 11:23:02 -0800
David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

Oups, I (erroneously) tried with accented characters, which explains my
answer. Actually, I (correctly) get "unknown" if using characters from
the ASCII set, so my understanding is that there's actually no problem
with the OP's request as there's no reason why "16-03-02" should be
represented as anything else than "unknown" according to this
information (all characters are in the ASCII set).

Olivier.