[R] Rcpp, dyn.load and C++ problems

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:30:46 CET 2017

On 3 December 2017 at 20:19, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

Hi Dirk,
  Thanks for your answers. I got a few more questions.

> 0) Wrong list. Rcpp has its down, rcpp-devel, and I basically do not read
> this and would have missed this were it not for luck.

OK. I did found the rcpp-devel mailing-list.
But I though it was a developers of the rcpp-package.
So it is ok to post beginners questions to rcpp-devel?

> 6) Call me crazy but maybe the nine vignettes included with the package?

OK. I will print them and read them.

[...]

> Then in R:
>
>     R> library(Rcpp)
>     R> sourceCpp("/tmp/mmsp.cpp")
>

> [...]

> _One call_ of sourceCpp() compiles AND links AND loads AND runs the
example R
> code (which is optional).

Basically I was searching for ways to compile to C++ code a single time and
not everything the R code runs.

Like I don't recompile my pure C++ programs everything I run them, only
if I change something.

But that is different with C++ in R? That it is normal to compile the C++
code
for each run?

Regards
Martin