[R] RMarkdown question

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Aug 29 21:20:43 CEST 2017

You are sadly confusing R Notebooks with other knitr-based processing formats such as bookdown/LaTeX, as I have in the past.  The features available for cross-referencing are strongly tied to the underlying handling of knitr output. This area of "knitr" functionality is a recurring area where new users I have shown knitr to complain of a bait and switch and often wander away as it clearly is not a write-once-output-many tool. But if you are willing to drop the Notebook idea then bookdown is not bad.

There is also a distinct lack of R content in this posting...