[R] DBI::dbWriteTable syntax error apparently from quotes

Eric Berger ericjberger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:34:12 CEST 2017

I did not put the double quotes in the SQL statement. The SQL statement was
created automatically by the routine dbWriteTable.
The full code (minus the details of creating the DBIConnection object)
would be like this, as in the man page for dbWriteTable

library(DBI)
library(odbc)
conn <- [connect to database]
DBI::dbWriteTable(conn,"mtcars",mtcars[1:5,])

The above code produces the error message in the OP