[R] Vibration signal prediction in R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 08:07:57 CEST 2017

> On Aug 23, 2017, at 10:06 PM, Dhivya Narayanasamy <dhiv.shreya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a vibration signal coming accelerometer. I converted this signal from*
> m/s^2* to *mm/s*. Now I am supposed to predict this vibration signal in R
> using historical data. (Please see the attached picture of vibration
> signal).

The dimensional analysis of the second sentence does not make scientific sense.

The parenthetical sentence might be true but if so you failed. Probably because you did not pay sufficient attention to the information describing the requirements for posting to this mailing list.

> Can I use this vibration signal just like that to the prediction using
> predictive Models or Do i need to do some processing technique before doing
> prediction?  Are there any blogs or websites for this vibration prediction
> using R ?

On rhew first page of a google search for "prediction time domain with R" I see:

http://facebookincubator.github.io/prophet/

> All i could found was blogs using "fft" function on vibration in
> R.

Something like this?
"Vibration Spectral Analysis to Predict Asset Failures by Integrating R in SAS® Asset Performance Analytics"

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0527-2017.pdf

> but My aim is to do *prediction of vibration signal in time domain*
> using packages in R.

Have you searched on other plausible terms? Say "reliability analysis"?