[R] Update data in text file with data in dataframe

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 19 23:21:54 CEST 2017

I think we need a bit more info on the data layout and what decision rule you are using to update the Date of Service. Are you just updating a record to provide the most recent DoS or are you correcting errors?
Have a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example or
Reproducibility · Advanced R.for some susggestions on how to form a good question for R-help. Some of the details mentioned in those links can be of great help to R-help readers in trying to suggest approaches.

|  |
Reproducibility · Advanced R.

We probably should see some sample data both of the existing data set and the update data set.  Please supply it using dput()  ---discussed in the links above.  This is the best way to provide sample data as it ensures that we see exactly the same data as you see.
As Jeff says, it is best to keep all communications on the R-help list. It allows many people to see and hopefully contribute to a solution.
Welcome to R.  Most beginners spend much of their time pounding head on desk or wall but once you get a feel for the way it works it is an incredibly powerful tool.