[R] help with stacked ggplot

Mary Rigdon rigdonmary at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:04:44 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am new to R and this is probably a very basic question but I can’t seem to figure out a solution. I am creating a stacked ggplot with the following data and code:

PercentageData.csv looks like this:

decision
treatment
percentage
labtreatment
defect
0
53.49
COMMON
defect
1
78.00
ASYMMETRIC
defect
2
96.67
PRIVATE
coop
0
46.51
COMMON
coop
1
22.00
ASYMMETRIC
coop
2
3.33
PRIVATE

%Load data:

charts.data <- read.csv("PercentageData.csv”)

%create stacked ggplot

p4 <- ggplot() + geom_bar(aes(y = percentage, x = treatment, fill = decision), data = charts.data, stat="identity")

p4

%y-axis is percentage and x-axis is treatment, ordered 0, 1, 2

I’d like to have the treatment names be strings so that 0=“COMMON”, 1=“ASYMMETRIC”, 2=“PRIVATE”. How do I assign names to the treatment variable?

I’ve tried to just have a new variable, x=labtreatment, but then the order of my data is graphed alphabetical (and not what I am looking for); Asymmetric on the left, Common in the middle, then Private on the right. Is there an easy way to reorder this?

Thanks for any help!

Best,
Mary