[R] really dumb question with building/creating a new package.

Ben Tupper btupper at bigelow.org
Fri Aug 18 00:00:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

Below is the help from a terminal session.  Note that you provide the directory name (where your package files are located).  I think in your case that would be '/Users/emhodgess/RcmdrPlugin.gstats'

ben at gale ~ $ R CMD build --help
Usage: R CMD build [options] pkgdirs

Build R packages from package sources in the directories specified by
‘pkgdirs’

  -h, --help		print short help message and exit
  -v, --version		print version info and exit

  --force               force removal of INDEX file
  --keep-empty-dirs     do not remove empty dirs
  --no-build-vignettes  do not (re)build package vignettes
  --no-manual           do not build the PDF manual even if \Sexprs are present
  --resave-data=        re-save data files as compactly as possible:
                        "no", "best", "gzip" (default)
  --resave-data         same as --resave-data=best
  --no-resave-data      same as --resave-data=no
  --compact-vignettes=  try to compact PDF files under inst/doc:
                        "no" (default), "qpdf", "gs", "gs+qpdf", "both"
  --compact-vignettes   same as --compact-vignettes=qpdf
  --md5                 add MD5 sums
### end

You want to explore Hadley Wickham's devtools package which makes package development a breeze.  More here...

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/devtools/index.html

Cheers,
Ben