[R] Statistical / data mining methods in R and not in SAS?

fs mail at friedrich-schuster.de
Mon Aug 14 21:22:08 CEST 2017

Hi, and sorry for asking such an unspecific question.

Does anybody know of statistical / data mining methods that are available in R
that are not in SAS ? With SAS I mean the SAS System Version 9.4 and SAS
Enterprise Miner. I don't expect a complete list, just two or three examples
or hints where and what to look for.

I found some older comparisons, and the R methods mentioned there (GLMET, RF,
ADABoost) are now supported by SAS (at least to some degree).

And there exists a (massive) list of available models for the caret package
here: https://rdrr.io/cran/caret/man/models.html, but it's hard to analyze the
complete list.

(I'm trying to answer a question of a colleague).

Thanks,
Friedrich