[R] tidyverse repeating error: "object 'rlang_mut_env_parent' not found"

Szumiloski, John John.Szumiloski at bms.com
Mon Aug 14 16:26:32 CEST 2017

UseRs,

When doing some data manipulations using the tidyverse, I am repeatedly getting the same error message in now three separate situations.  I can write up a reproducible example, but want to lay out the high-level issues in case someone recognizes exactly what is happening here.

The error is:

Error in mut_env_parent(overscope$.top_env, lexical_env) :
  object 'rlang_mut_env_parent' not found

and it occurs in three situations:

1)      Using tidyr::nest() on an output from dplyr::group_by()

2)      Using tibble::tibble() with <name> = <value> arguments

3)      Using dplyr::select() on a tibble to select two columns

Any obvious clues as to what's happening here? The only non-base packages loaded are current tidyverse, forcats, magrittr, readxl and stringr.

Thanks,
John
John Szumiloski, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Statistician
Pharmaceutical Development / Drug Product Science & Technology
NBR105-1-1411

Bristol-Myers Squibb
P.O. Box 191
1 Squibb Drive