[R] Problem with the fdim package

Covoni, Ginevra ginevra.covoni16 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 10 14:59:31 CEST 2017

Hi,
I’m new to R but I’m interested in using the fdim package to find the fractal dimension of a dataset. I downloaded the the package from https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/fdim/ and successfully installed it together with xgobi.
However, when I try to run the first example, after df <- fdim(mydata,q=0,Alpha=0.3) I get the following error:

Error in .C("pointdif", as.integer(NumRow), as.integer(NumCol), as.integer(X),  :
  "pointdif" not available for .C() for package “fdim"

It looks like the pointdif C file is not found in the folder. I was wondering if you could know the solution to my problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ginevra