[R] Latin hypercube sampling from a non-uniform distribution

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Tue Aug 8 14:48:52 CEST 2017

> However, my variable is simulated from the cumulative distribution function
> of the Poisson distribution.
Then I am afraid I don't know what you're trying to achieve.
Or why.

However, the principle holds; write a function that maps [0,1] to the 'pattern' you want, do that and apply it to the result from randomLHS.
It happens that for generating data that follow a given probability distribution F, that function is the quantile function for F so you often do not need to write it.