[R] Extracting numeric part from a string

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Aug 3 03:13:11 CEST 2017

Thanks Bert.

I should probably also explicitly mention that if Christofer wants to ultimately coerce the numeric components of the strings to numeric data types for subsequent mathematical operations, you will need to strip the commas anyway.

In that case, my first response, where I did not include the comma character in the regex may be preferred.

Regards,

Marc