[R] Wilcoxon Test

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Fri Apr 21 15:26:39 CEST 2017

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017, peter dalgaard wrote:

> Also, as far as I know just for historical consistency, the test
> statistic in R is the rank sum of the first group MINUS its minimum
> possible value: W = 110.5 - sum(1:13) = 19.5

Ah, yes, I meant to add that remark. And coin::wilcox_test always computes
a standardized test statistic as opposed to the (adjusted) rank sum. But
these are all "simple" transformations of the test statistic and hence do
not influence the p-values.

See also the "Note" in ?wilcox.test on the difference between so-called
Wilcoxon and Mann-Whitney statistics.