[R] rdb and rds files include abolute file paths / help understanding how lazy-load dbs are created

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Apr 20 00:32:08 CEST 2017

I think we are (I certainly am) going to need a more concrete example. As in, point us at a specific package and filename in this package that illustrates your concern. Such precision would also be expected on R-devel, so the lack of response may have been self-inflicted.

Are you aware of the system.file and file.path functions?  File names that YOU enter into your package code should be referenced using these functions. I have been assuming so far that you were referring to filenames picked up by R as it builds the package, which appear to be handled just fine however they are stored though I don't know the details.